Solar Power Package
Farming the Sun has negotiated this collaboration with Eco Energy & Solar Solutions given their demonstrated track record, being a well respected local family owned and operated business (see testimonials as linked below), and having the capacity to work at the scale of a community bulk-buy program.
Farming the Sun’s focus for this fourth solar power bulk-buy has been to negotiate the best possible discount on the highest quality in solar power systems and installation. As a community and sustainability enterprise, it is important for us to only use high quality and long-lasting technologies.
All of the brands of solar panel and inverters being used for this community bulk-buy are Tier 1 (top 2% of quality) products.
Eco Energy & Solar Solutions have negotiated a very substantial bulk-buy discount ~ of up to 33% better than recommended retail prices ~ for high quality solar power systems. The system package is built using Hanwha Solar Q Cells.
The solar power bulk-buy is commencing to coincide with several significant developments:
- Electricity prices are being significantly increased (upwards of 10%) for the first time in several years
- Conclusion of the NSW Government Solar Bonus Scheme (feed-in-tariff)
- Small scale technology (renewable energy) certificates will being phased out from 1 January 2017
- Preparedness for small-scale battery storage technology
- Growing community concerns about the environmental impacts of coal mining on water, farming, biodiversity, climate and air quality
- Construction of large-scale wind and solar projects which are the largest capital infrastructure projects in the region’s history.
The Fronius and SMA inverters selected are high quality, have 5 year warranties (with extensions available) and the capacity for battery storage.
PV-ezRack SolarRoof will be used for mounting and has a 10 year warranty ~ download the PV-ezRack SolarRoof DATASHEET
Lastly, the installation has a 6 year warranty.